Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri serves 23,000 girls and 9,000 adult volunteers in a bi-state 47 county area. The Council is dedicated to the 105 year-old Girl Scout mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. This well-established organization is currently seeking a Manager, Product Sales to join their team.
The Manager, Product Sales is responsible for all aspects of the annual Candy, Nut & Magazine Program and assigned areas of the annual Cookie Program. Key accountabilities include:
- Appoint, in partnership with the Membership Manager, all Service Unit Product Sales Managers (SU PSMs) for the Candy, Nut & Magazine (CNM) Program.
- Oversee product and recognition choices for the CNM program.
- Edit and present training and support for all CNM SU PSMs.
- Develop content for CNM materials (handbooks, flyers).
- Manage data, process orders and reconcile sales/payments using vendor-provided software.
- Coordinate delivery of products and serve as a point of contact for the agent.
Manage all aspects of Booth Sales for the Cookie Program, including:
- Coordinating volunteer team to secure council-sponsored booths
- Coordinating Wal-Mart/Sam’s agreements
- Partnering with baker to upload and maintain booth locations using vendor-provided software
- Executing booth lottery
Assist Director, Product Sales with the annual Cookie Program as needed, including:
- Providing support and training to all volunteers and staff
- Preparing for, attending all, and presenting at SU PSM and Troop Cookie Manager trainings
- Attending and participating in weekly team meetings
- Coordinating, overseeing and documenting council-sponsored cupboards, including inventory
- Attending special cookie-related events and meetings on nights/weekends
- Demonstrated 3-4 years’ experience in customer service or a similar role with excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with volunteer recruitment, management, training, and supervision.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and finance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present information to groups (10-500 people).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required.
To apply for or share this position, visit OMNI Human Resource Management.