The Latino Arts festival provides an opportunity for Latino artists, through the various mediums, to share their works with the community, an option of this level not typically afforded to them. It features the work of local Latino artists who represent visual art, music, lowrider builders/artists and youth art.
The artists will introduce concepts that influence, educate and celebrate family and community thru Latino art and culture. The festival is free and open to the public.
The Latino Arts Festival is the culmination of a project spearheaded by the Downtown Shareholders of Kansas City, Kansas, El Centro, Inc., One of a Kind Paint & Body, and Deanna Munoz (Individual contributor).
This year's festival is September 22 from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM in the Unified Government Parking lot across from Downtown's Hilton Garden Inn. For additional information and updates, visit the 2018 Latino Arts Fest & Car Show website.
What's in store this year?
- Artist showcase featuring Anthony Oropeza, the 2018 Featured Artist
- Lowrider Show hosted by Lowrider Magazine, 1 of a kind paint and body and Shatto Trucking LLC
- Food Trucks, Indios Carbonsitos Mexi-Q and El Conuco Dominican Food
- Food and product vendors
- Children’s area
- Live performances by Stranded in the City, Walking in Traffic, Alexis Romero, Andre Reyes (DJ and sound)
- Live poetry slam
- Special Guest Photographer Phil Gordon with Lowrider Magazine
- And more!
If you would like to be a vendor or enter your lowrider, please email Deanna Munoz firstname.lastname@example.org