Newsletter Spotlight from Jason - March 20, 2018
Hello Everyone! I’ve been here one whole month, so obviously I know everything there is to know about Downtown, the organization and the long and winding history of Kansas City, Kansas and Wyandotte County.
Well, maybe not everything.
I have had the opportunity to talk to and learn from many of you already, but I have many more to go. Please do find me, even if to just introduce yourself and say hello. It turns out that my job entails attending many meetings, so a friendly chat is a nice change of pace.
It turns out I didn’t give much detail about myself in my first newsletter. So here’s some facts:
- I was born in KCMO, and have lived in the metro for all but 10 years of my life, on both sides of the state line. (I have never lived in KCK, so my resume remains sadly incomplete.)
- I graduated from high school in Albuquerque, NM, and then attended Rice University in Houston, Texas, where I got a degree in physics.
- Later I came back to KC to attend law school and was a practicing attorney for the last 17 years or so before coming to this position.
- I have a lovely wife, Heather Anne, and two children, Jasper and Risa. We live in Lee’s Summit with my mother (Sage), and a menagerie of pets.
- When not working, I like to watch soccer (and other sports), do woodworking and camp.
So now you are armed with information about me, and I look forward to seeing you at the Quarterly Meeting this Thursday, or around Downtown!