2018 Citizens Academy, Wyandotte County Sheriff's Office
The Citizens Academy is a free, exciting, six-week program that touches on virtually every facet of the Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Office. Sessions will be held on Tuesday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 PM (some days may be a little longer), May 8 through June 12 at the Sheriff’s Office located at 710 N. 7th Street Kansas City Kansas. Food and other refreshments will be provided at each session.
Participants will have the chance to visit and speak with nearly every Division Commander to include the Sheriff. Each session will include live demonstrations, a Q/A portion, and educational discussions to give participants a better understanding of the Sheriff’s Office.
Sessions will take place only on Tuesdays from 6:00 to 8:30 pm each week:
- Tuesday, May 8 – Welcome & Orientation, Staff, and Organization History of WY.CO S.O.
- Tuesday, May 15 – Operations Division at the lake
- Tuesday, May 22 – Support Division
- Tuesday, May 29 – Adult Detention, Juvenile
- Tuesday, June 5 – Round Table discussion
- Tuesday, June 12 – Closing Remarks and Graduation
The deadline to register is Tuesday, May 1. Space is limited to 10 participants on a first come, first served basis.
To register, or for more information, please contact Captain David R. Thaxton at (913) 573-8435.