Community Development Public Hearing
YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND a Community Development public hearing to be held on Thursday, April 6, 2017, at 7:00 PM in the Unified Government Board of Commissioners Chambers in the Lobby of the Municipal Office Building, 701 North 7th Street. The public hearing is being held to receive public comment on the:
- 2017-2018 Annual Action Plan including housing and community development needs, non-housing community development needs and budget. The Plan includes the following program applications: Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership Grant Program, and the Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG). The Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas Department of Community Development is funded through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Revise the current 2015-2019 Five Year Plan to the years of 2017-2021and include the following amendments:
- The adopted Assessment of Fair Housing (AFH) which includes the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Goals for 2017-2021.
- The development of a Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area (NRSA), which offers enhanced flexibility to promote innovative programs, while undertaking economic and housing developments in addition to public service activities to be undertaken from 2017-2021.
- Applying for a HUD Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control (LBPHC) Grant which would include Healthy Homes Supplemental funding. The grant period is for 3 years after approval.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE! The Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas will make reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If accommodations are needed for a disability, contact the Human Services Department 48 hours in advance at (913) 573-5024