Enroll Wyandotte Health Insurance Fair, December 3
In partnership with Cover Kansas, Enroll Wyandotte will host a health insurance enrollment fair on December 3, 2016, from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
This FREE community event features:
- Free assistance with Health Insurance Marketplace applications
- Education about Medicaid and Medicare
- Free flu shots and health screenings
Applying for health insurance? Here's what you should bring with you:
- Social Security numbers and immigration documents of everyone applying
- Birthdays of everyone in your home
- Income information for everyone in your home
- Employer phone numbers and insurance (if offered) for everyone in your home
For additional information, contact the Community Health Council of Wyandotte County.
. . .
Enroll Wyandotte is a collaborative and coordinated effort of Wyandotte County-based health care providers, social services, and local government to perform outreach and to assist with enrollment in health insurance through the Marketplace.
Prior to the first open enrollment period, nearly 26% of Wyandotte County residents were uninsured. Thanks to the hard work of assisters throughout the area, in 2014 the uninsured population fell by 8%. Today, following the second open-enrollment, that number is even smaller, leaving only 12% of our Wyandotte community without health insurance. Enroll Wyandotte hopes this number continues to decrease until every eligible person in the county is covered. We aim make this dream a reality by providing fully trained support to individuals looking to obtain coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
To learn more about Enroll Wyandotte, Community Partners, and what Health Insurance means for you, click here.