Job Alert: Enrollment Marketing Specialist, Kansas City Public Schools
Job Title: Enrollment Marketing Specialist Job Title Code: 01607 Salary Grade: S634 Department: Office of Student Support and Community Services Reports to: Executive Director - OSSCS FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: July 2016
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Enrollment Marketing Specialist is responsible for the Kansas City Public Schools’ student recruitment lifecycle from first awareness through enrollment. The position is responsible for developing, executing, and assessing, strategic marketing and recruitment processes and campaigns for all KCPS programs that serve students in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership in the development of marketing and outreach plans, policies, procedures, programs and systems to support and achieve enrollment goals.
- Analyze and evaluate strategic and targeted recruitment needs. Plan, implement, and report on enrollment programs addressing such needs.
- Assist in development of communication strategies for a variety of market segments that address prospective students and families, program and enrollment inquiries, application processes, and pre-enrollment phases of the KCPS enrollment process.
- Develop business processes for effective departmental and cross-departmental functions related to brand management and marketing.
- Collaborate with all areas of the district in order to effectively market KCPS to prospective students and the community at large including communication distribution channels, various websites, social media, marketing, and public information.
- Collaborate with academic and administrative staff to successfully launch new programs including marketplace positioning, launch/awareness building strategies, as well as contributing to competitive intelligence, working with market research vendors as appropriate, and assist with program launch budgets.
- Oversee the district’s enrollment marketing activities and advertising including online banner advertising, email, outdoor, print, radio, direct mail, content marketing, and recruitment events to successfully promote the Kansas City Public Schools.
- Operate as point of contact for advertising/media and event vendors.
- Develop and promote communication channels between all school administrators and academic units including marketing, admissions, student services and athletics, in support of enrollment marketing strategies and goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Experience in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Knowledge of current trends in Public Relations, Marketing, Recruitment and Media Technology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, employee occasionally to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
For additional information or to apply for this position, click here.