Hollywood Casino/Schlitterbahn 2017 Grant Fund
FUNDING PRIORITIESIn keeping with the intent of Healthy Communities Wyandotte, the focus will be to fund programs that increase knowledge and action toward long-term changes that enable our Wyandotte County community members to eat healthy food and be physically active. Applications should demonstrate cultural relevance, address opportunities to increase knowledge and improve the food environment and/or support active living through utilization of Wyandotte County’s environmental infrastructure.
GEOGRAPHY The geographical focus of the Unified Government-Hollywood Casino/Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Charitable Fund is limited to Wyandotte County. Specifically, organizations must clearly demonstrate that the clients/beneficiaries of the program are residents of Wyandotte County.
GRANT REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS To be considered as a potential grantee, your organization must:
- Be a 501(c) (3) organization.
- Demonstrate use of funding will primarily be in Wyandotte County and clients/beneficiaries served are residents of Wyandotte County
There is no restriction on minimum or maximum size of grant. There is a total of $577,500 available for grants in 2017. The activities funded by the grants must be completed within one year.
In general, Unified Government will not award grants to the following:
- Capital campaign, endowment campaign or annual fund drive.
- Debt retirement or operating deficits.
- Direct support to individuals, including scholarships.
- Lobbying activities, legislation-related activities or political campaigns.
- Activities that specifically benefit the members of a veteran, fraternal, sectarian or religious group.
- Equipment expenses, unless the equipment will directly improve the organization’s ability to provide and deliver services.
ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES For 2017-2018, highest consideration for funding will be given to programs or providers of projects that accomplish the following:
- Leverage additional funding, both private and public.
- Demonstrate alignment with the Board of Commissioners’ Strategic plan (i.e. Social Service and Healthy Community/Recreation goals and Healthy Communities Wyandotte improvement plan).
- Collaborative efforts among programs or providers.
- Demonstrate an effort to minimize duplication.
- Have clearly established measurable outcomes and the ability to monitor and report them.
- Demonstrate programs that reach at-risk or underserved populations.
- Requests for general operating support will only be considered if the funding will be used to significantly expand the services of organizations.
- Applications must be submitted on-line through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Information and the application process can be found at: https://www.growyourgiving.org/grant/unified-government-hollywood-casino-grant-fund
SELECTION PROCESS The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation will review all grant applications for eligibility and conduct due diligence as required by the Unified Government Board of Commissioners.
Due diligence may include:
- Site visits to interview key staff, board members and key partners (collaborators and funders).
- Review of full application including budget, sustainability plan, etc.
- The Board of Commissioners will serve as the Selection Committee
- Each Commissioner and the Mayor will be provided with a listing of all grant applications and, upon request, the actual applications.
- Each Commissioner and the Mayor will designate in writing how they wish to allocate their share of the total funds $52,500.
- The final distribution of funds will be approved by majority vote of the Board of Commissioners at a Commission meeting.
|Application Available||February 27|
|Grant Information Session||March 22|
|Application Deadline||April 7|
|GKCCF Review/Eligibility Recommendations||May 12|
|Commissioner/Mayor Review||May 15 - May 25|
|Commissioner/Mayor Designations Due||May 26|
|Distribution of Proposed Designations||June 1|
|Commission Meeting to Vote of Distribution||June Meeting|
|Notifications Sent||Week of June 26|