Job Alert: Bilingual Education & Outreach Specialist, MOCSA
Since 1975 Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) has been an essential part of the Kansas City metro. Our mission to improve the lives of those impacted by sexual abuse and assault, and to prevent sexual violence in our community. MOCSA is seeking a bilingual community educator to join our dynamic organization of diverse, dedicated and innovative individuals. SUMMARY Provide sexual violence education and outreach programming to the community and provide crisis intervention services for survivors of sexual assault and abuse.
- Facilitate sexual assault and sexual abuse education and prevention programs to youth and adult community members.
- Perform outreach activities through contact with community partners.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and supervision during presentations and outreach activities.
- Represent MOCSA at community events and meetings.
- Assist with program development, evaluation, data collection, and grant reporting.
- Crisis Intervention
- Provide crisis intervention, support, and referrals to callers to the 24-Hour Crisis Line during business hours and afterhours when on-call.
- Provide hospital, police, and court advocacy to adolescent and adult victims of sexual assault and/or rape during business hours and afterhours when on-call.
- Local Travel
- Travel throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area and have some evening and weekend availability to perform education, outreach, and crisis intervention services.
The responsibilities described represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to do all assigned responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in public health, social work, or related field or five years of equivalent experience in community education and/or outreach. Fluency in Spanish. Demonstrated skills and experience in public speaking in both English and Spanish.
Preferred Qualifications Previous training in sexual abuse or sexual assault. Experience in crisis intervention, working with youth, community building, and outreach/networking skills. Experience with curriculum development, social media/marketing, and audio-visual technology.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands Work is typically performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental Demands While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with faculty, staff, administration, funders, and others encountered in the course of work.
BENEFITS Vacation, Holiday, Sick Pay, Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability Insurance, 403(b) and Cafeteria program. The salary range for this position is $36,000 - $40,000 DOE.
MOCSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse staff.