Job Alert: Director, Advocacy & Recovery Services - MHAH
Mental Health America of the Heartland currently seeks a full-time Director of Advocacy & Recovery Services to join our staff. The individual hired for this job will be overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Advocacy & Recovery Services programs, which include a warm line answered in the evenings 365 days each year (Compassionate Ear), peer-to-peer support services (Wellness & Support Advocates) and individual consumer case advocacy. The successful candidate will have prior experience in writing grants, developing and implementing program and agency budgets, documentation and evaluation of program effectiveness and daily supervision of programs' staff. This position requires that in the event of staff vacancy he/ she will be able to perform or reassign staff to ensure uninterrupted program service.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelors degree in Social Services /related field and at least one-year work experience in program management, required; Masters degree in Social Work or related field, preferred
- Familiarity with needs of individuals who have a mental illness and traditional mental health services; a minimum of 1-year experience working with diverse communities including mentally ill and/or homeless populations, required
- Understanding of recovery principles and strategies; the ability to apply these concepts and strategies to the recovery process and peer to peer support, highly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, required
- Strong organizational skills, excellent time-management habits, the ability to communicate to staff precise instructions and critical information; maintains calm during times of crisis and displays a practical approach when problem-solving
- Unrestricted operation of motor vehicles and have access to reliable transportation
- Personal lived experience with recovery from mental illness and/or certification as a Peer Support Specialist is not required
Mental Health America of the Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mail or hand-deliver your cover letter including salary requirements with your resume and our completed application to:
Mental Health America of the Heartland 739 Minnesota Ave Kansas City, KS 66101 Attn: Human Resources/ Director, ARS
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Deadline: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 by 5:00 p.m. No phone calls, faxes or emails please.