Job Alert: Director, Child and Youth Mental Health Initiative, MHAH
Mental Health America of the Heartland currently seeks a Program Director for our Child and Youth Mental Health Initiative (CYMHI). The Director delivers the program curriculum about suicide prevention/ depression and other mental health disorders to students at metropolitan area high schools and occasionally, may be invited to provide similar programs to parents and youth services professionals in other settings. This position will require a dedicated work schedule of 35 hours each week during the school year (August through May) and 20 hours per week during the summer months of June and July.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work or related human services/ health field is required; experience in social work and human services strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook software applications.
- An aptitude for multi-tasking, be adept at time-management and demonstrate strong organizational management skills.
- Prior experience in budgeting and grant writing is desirable but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of mental health services and community resources will contribute to success in this position.
- A valid driver license and access to reliable transportation.
Mail or hand-deliver your cover letter with salary requirements, your resume and our completed application to:
Mental Health America of the Heartland 739 Minnesota Ave Kansas City, KS 66101 Attn: Human Resources/ Director, CYMHI
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Deadline: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 5:00pm No phone calls, faxes or e-mails, please.