Job Alert: Membership Recruiter, Girl Scouts of NE KS & NW MO
Job ID: 2016-1349Client: Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri Job Location(s): US-MO-Kansas City
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri serves 23,000 girls and 8,000 adult volunteers in a 47 county area. The team is dedicated to the 104 year-old Girl Scout mission of building girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. This well-established organization is currently seeking a Membership Recruiter in the Shawnee Mission area.
Reporting to the Regional Director, this role is responsible for managing membership recruitment to initiate and sustain Girl Scouting by reaching all population segments of an assigned geographic area to achieve the Council's goals and objectives.
- Develop a membership marketing action plan and budget; identify marketing needs and collaborate with other departments to meet objectives; research and analyze demographic and membership data to prioritize areas for targeted recruitment efforts.
- Cultivate and build relationships with community leaders and organizations to market Girl Scouting and develop delivery systems that address the needs of girls and the community.
- Present Girl Scout program opportunities to potential new girl members and volunteers by meeting with parents and other community participants to organize troops, invite girls and groups in a variety of pathways to become members.
- Recruit, select, appoint, and supervise volunteer recruitment managers; establish membership goals and develop an annual action plan; interpret policies, standards and procedures and monitor compliance.
- Initiate and sustain relationships with agencies, institutions, businesses and organizations to develop joint programming and collaborative efforts to further membership opportunities for girl scouts; represent Girl Scouting to internal and external audiences.
- Two to four years of experience in sales and marketing, strategic planning and budget development with the ability to research, compile and summarize data for presentations.
- Knowledge and experience in volunteer recruitment, management, training and supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet critical deadlines with minimal direction.
- Proficient in current versions of Windows and MS Office (Word and Excel) and ability to use the Internet.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Employment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background investigation.
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Bilingual - knowledge of other languages, cultures (desirable).
- Work hours are flexible including week days, evenings and weekends.
To apply or share the position, click here.
Please direct general questions to OMNI Human Resource Management.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.