Job Alert: Operations Director, Kansas Appleseed
Kansas Appleseed is hiring a full-time operations director to oversee efficient and effective operations of financial activities, technology, and human resources and to serve as a strategic advisor to the organization. Kansas Appleseed is a small nonprofit, nonpartisan justice center dedicated to vulnerable and excluded Kansans. We investigate social, economic and political injustice in Kansas and advocate for system-wide solutions. We focus especially on issues affecting kids, immigrants, and the fair administration of justice. Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Responsibilities - The operations director will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of the operational elements of the organization’s strategic plan (making sure we’re ‘firing on all cylinders’), in coordination with the executive director
- Human resources, including helping staff identify timely and appropriate staff development opportunities; Kansas Appleseed currently has eight staff members
- Information technology, including database management and identifying and addressing the organization’s new technology needs
- Accounting and bookkeeping • Other organizational logistics
Qualifications - The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of:
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills, including an ability to ‘manage up’ and ‘manage sideways’ with colleagues and supervisors
- Excellent logistical as well as strategic thinking skills
- An entrepreneurial ‘Can Do’ spirit
- Experience with operations management preferred
Compensation: $45,000 - $49,000 plus health, dental, and retirement benefits.
We strongly encourage minorities to apply. Kansas Appleseed believes diversity and inclusion strengthen our communities and workplaces. Kansas Appleseed does not discriminate based on race, gender identity, religion, age, ethnicity, disability, military status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status or citizenship status.
Application procedure: Please send a resume and cover letter to Kansas Appleseed executive director Benet Magnuson. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Download a copy of this positing.