Job Alert: Opportunity Coordinator, Girl Scouts of NE KS & NW MO
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri serves 23,000 girls and 9,000 adult volunteers in a bi-state 47 county area. The Council is dedicated to the 105 year-old Girl Scout mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. This well-established organization is currently seeking an Opportunity Coordinator (Inside Sales) to join their team. This role supports the East Region and is based in Kansas City, MO Council office. Responsibilities: The Opportunity Coordinator is responsible for successfully culminating recruitment efforts by initiating and pursuing communications strategies and protocols needed to convert prospective members (leads) to registered members. This individual assists in achieving the council's goals for girl and adult membership through implementing membership strategies in assigned areas. Key accountabilities include:
- Convert leads into registered members by: identifying gap areas of opportunity vs interest, ensuring successful placement in opportunities, upselling volunteer roles and girl opportunities, and communicating volunteer eligibility criteria.
- Provide high-quality customer service to both internal and external customers via phone, email and in-person.
- Support the Girl Scout brand by using tools and resources as designed to provide a smooth customer experience for both new and renewing volunteers and caregivers.
- Collaborate with membership team/partners to develop and implement membership growth strategies which are unique to the areas served.
- Ensure the integrity of data that supports the conversion and placement of girls and adults in the appropriate volunteer project and volunteer job campaigns as listed in the opportunity catalog.
- Work proficiently in Salesforce reports and Microsoft Excel to accurately track, address and report out on data quality throughout the membership year.
- Create and maintain an accurate and thorough Opportunity Catalogue with input from membership team partners (Troop Operations, Recruiters, Regional Directors, etc.).
- Support implementation of membership recruiting marketing strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual business plan and/or other council goals primarily through phone and written follow-up contacts with prospective members and community partners.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scouts message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
- Minimum one year demonstrated experience in marketing, sales or customer service.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, CRM systems (Salesforce is a plus) and social networking.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Highly organized with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ideal candidate is goal-oriented, driven, proactive, energetic, and excellent at problem solving.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Bilingual skills (oral and written) a plus.
- Must be available for evening and weekend hours.
To apply for or share this position, visit OMNI Human Resource Management.