Job Alert: Project Surveyor, BHC RHODES
This position is closed. To view a list of current openings, visit the BHC RHODES website. Overview: We're looking for the kind of people that our customers want to work with.
Providing the level of service we're committed to takes great talent. That's why we promote a progressive work environment with constant growth opportunities. With continuing education, professional development, competitive benefits programs, and diversity all core to how we build teams, we position our customers for success by positioning our employees for success.
Our company was founded in 1992 to deliver outstanding expertise in engineering and surveying services. Our team of professionals strive to be recognized leaders in our industry by staying engaged with our customers and in our profession.
We take pride and ownership for being selected as one of the Zweig Group’s 2016 Hot Firm, Kansas City Business Journal’sChampions of Business, ranked #4 in the Kansas City Business Journal’s Top 10 Fastest-Growing Businesses and named on their list of Top Engineering Firms. We continually place on Ingram’s Magazine Corporate Report honor roll and have been included for long-term revenue growth for eleven years. BHC RHODES is a trademark of Brungardt Honomichl & Company, P.A.
The Project Surveyor is both a field and office position with the successful applicant able to take survey projects from inception to deliverable. This points to the person having some project management experience in budgeting for both cost and time.
This is the highest level of a survey crew within the firm. Incumbents are fully experienced and can perform any survey assignments quickly and accurately.
- Manages the daily activities and personnel of the survey function
- Establishes the exact project alignment with the Project Manager or Project Engineer from the corridor alignment
- Reports unique or potential construction difficulties to the Survey Manager or Project Engineer or Project Surveyor
- Ensures that field information is correct and accurately transferred to the Project Engineer
- Communicate with the client, when needed, to ensure satisfaction with work performed and to overcome obstacles in the performance of field duties
- Analyzes survey controls - GPS and conventional
- Performs ALTA surveys
- Preparation of Record of survey, maps, plats and legal descriptions
- Work from notes, sketches, maps, and other material to complete survey tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Utilize technology on projects
- Stake gates, right-of-way limits and restrictions (trees to be saved, etc.), locations for hazards, splices, extra depth, pipe locations, erosion control, and markers
- Survey reroutes
- Responsible for clear, informative and accurate field notes
- Take responsibility for the maintenance, repair, and welfare of all equipment in the field including the work vehicle
Qualifications: A valid driver’s license must be possessed and maintained. Must be able to work outdoors in all weather and to lift and carry heavy objects. A high school diploma with at least 7 years of experience is required. Must be proficient with data collectors, total stations (conventional and robotic). GPS/RTK experience is necessary. Must understand algebra, trigonometry, and geometry. Must be on a path to be licensed in Kansas. Missouri or other state licenses viewed favorably. Must have experience with Trimble equipment including:
- Trimble R8 RTK using MODOT VRS / Base and Rover
- Trimble Robotic S6
- Trimble's Data Recorder
- TGO and TBC
Must have experience with AutoCAD 2016 and/or Civil 3D.
This position is closed. To view a list of current openings, visit the BHC RHODES website.