Job Alert: Seeking Membership Recruiter, East Region - Girl Scouts
Job Alert! Our friends at the Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri (GSKSMO) have a Membership Recruiter position currently available. Applicants are encouraged to submit a a resume to GSKSMO.
Membership Recruiter, East Region
The Eastern Region includes Jackson, Clay and Ray Counties in Missouri. This position is based in the Greater Kansas City metro.
Reporting to the Regional Director, this role is responsible for managing membership recruitment to initiate and sustain Girl Scouting by reaching all population segments of an assigned geographic area to achieve the council's goals and objectives.
- Develop a membership marketing action plan and budget; identify marketing needs and collaborate with other departments to meet objectives; research and analyze demographic and membership data to prioritize areas for targeted recruitment efforts.
- Cultivate and build relationships with community leaders and organizations to market Girl Scouting and develop delivery systems that address the needs of girls and the community
- Present Girl Scout program opportunities to potential new girl members and volunteers by meeting with parents and other community participants to organize troops, invite girls and groups in a variety of pathways to become members.
- Recruit, select, appoint, and supervise volunteer recruitment managers; establish membership goals and develop an annual action plan; interpret policies, standards and procedures and monitor compliance.
- Identify potential funding sources including grant opportunities, foundations and/or corporations; develop a strategy for funding requests.
- Initiate and sustain relationships with agencies, institutions, businesses and organizations to develop joint programming and collaborative efforts to further membership opportunities for girl scouts; represent Girl Scouting to internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and 2-4 years of related experience; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge and experience in sales and marketing, strategic planning and budget development with the ability to research, compile and summarize data for presentations.
- Knowledge and experience in volunteer recruitment, management, training and supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet critical deadlines with minimal direction.
- Proficient in current versions of Windows and MS Office (Word and Excel) and ability to use the Internet.
- Employment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background investigation.
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Bilingual - knowledge of other languages, cultures (desirable).
- Work hours are flexible including week days, evenings and weekends.
To apply, or to forward this posting to a referral, please click here.
. . . . .
As a downtown Kansas City, Kansas and community resource, Downtown Shareholders is pleased to share employment opportunities throughout Kansas City, Kan. If you’d like to submit an employment opportunity for inclusion on our website, please contact us.