Job Alert: Urban Initiative Manager, Girl Scouts of NE KS & NW MO
Girl Scouts is the largest organization for girls in the world. Their mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship, while fostering development of leadership skills and self-esteem. Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri supports 23,000 girl members and 9,000 adult volunteers in its 47 county jurisdiction surrounding the Greater Kansas City, St. Joseph and Topeka areas. This well-established organization is currently seeking an Urban Initiative Manager to further the mission, goals and strategic priorities of the Council within the urban areas of Kansas City, MO and Kansas City, KS.
Reporting to the Regional Director, this role is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase girl and adult membership in assigned, established urban areas. This includes securing girl and adult volunteer participation and community partnerships in order to achieve Council goals and implement Girl Scouting.
- Develop a membership marketing action plan and budget; identify marketing needs and collaborate with other departments to meet objectives; research and analyze demographic and membership data to prioritize areas for targeted recruitment efforts.
- Cultivate and build relationships with urban community leaders and organizations to market Girl Scouting and develop delivery systems that address the needs of girls and urban communities.
- Present Girl Scout program opportunities to potential new girl members and volunteers by meeting with parents and other urban community participants to organize troops, invite girls and groups in a variety of pathways to become members.
- Recruit, select, appoint, and supervise volunteer recruitment managers; establish membership goals and develop an annual action plan; interpret policies/procedures and monitor compliance.
- Build relationships with agencies, institutions, businesses and organizations that support urban communities to develop joint programming and collaborative efforts to further membership opportunities for girl scouts; represent Girl Scouting to internal and external audiences.
- Two to four years of experience in sales and marketing, strategic planning and budget development with the ability to research and conduct presentation.
- Proven success engaging and building relationships with organizations and individuals within urban communities is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in volunteer recruitment, management, training and supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet critical deadlines with minimal direction.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel), CRM systems and social networks.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Employment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background investigation.
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Bilingual - knowledge of other languages, cultures (desirable but not required).
- Work hours are flexible including week days, evenings and weekends.
To apply or share the position, visit OMNI Human Resource Management.