Understanding Medication Assisted Treatment and Its Role in Substance Use Disorders Treatment
Overview: This workshop will provide an overview of the role that Medication Assisted Treatments play in the recovery process and specifically its use in combating the current Opioid Addiction crisis. After attending this continuing education workshop, the participant will:
- Gain an understanding of the current opioid crisis in the United States
- Understand the current Medication Assisted Therapies and their use
- Learn about the delivery of services at an Opioid Treatment Program
Who Should Attend: This professional continuing education workshop is designed for social workers, psychologists, therapists, counselors and other mental health professionals, and health care workers.
- Marsha Page-White is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker working as the Clinical Director of Substance Use Disorders for ReDiscover. Marsha received her master’s degree in social work from the University of Kansas in 1994. She has worked in the addiction field for the past 23 years and currently oversees 4 Substance Use Disorders clinics and 2 Opioid Treatment Program clinics.
- Scott Wheeler is a Licensed Addiction Counselor and a Certified Reciprocal Alcohol Drug Counselor currently working as the Program Manager for ReDiscover’s Treatment Options Program (TOP), one of ReDiscover’s Opioid Treatment Programs. Scott has been working in the opioid addiction field for the past 5 years and has previous experience working in detox and residential settings.
When: March 24, 2017, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Evangel Church, 1414 E. 103rd Street Kansas City, MO 64131
Continuing Education: 3.0 CEU's (Certificate of Attendance)
Registration: $35.00; Please register by March 16, 2017. To obtain a registration form, Contact Stacy Davis or visit www.mhah.org. If you have any questions and/or need translation or other accommodation, please contact Stacy Davis at by email or (913) 281-2221 ext. 112 .
Presented by Mental Health America of the Heartland.